BAKED OATMEAL W/BLUEBERRIES, BANANAS & WALNUTS
- Unsalted butter (for greasing, plus 3 Tbsp, melted and cooled slightly)
- 2 C rolled oats
- 1/2 C walnut pieces
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 C maple syrup (plus more for serving)
- 2 C milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 bananas (large, peeled, cut into slices)
- 1 1/2 C blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 (191C).
- Generously butter an 8 in. square baking dish
In a bowl, stir together the oats, 1/4 C walnuts, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, whisk together 1/3 C maple syrup, milk, egg, half of the melted butter, and the vanilla.
Arrange the banana slices in a single layer in the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle 1 C of the berries on top. Cover the fruit with the oat mixture, then slowly drizzle the milk mixture over the oats. Gently tap the baking dish on the countertop to make sure the milk is evenly distributed over the oats. Scatter the remaining half C berries and 1/4 C walnuts on top.
Bake until the top is golden and the oat mixture has set, about 40-45 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes. Drizzle the remaining melted butter on top of the oatmeal and serve with maple syrup. Serves 6 generously.